Do I need an NPDES permit?
It depends on where you discharge pollutants. If you discharge from a point source into waters of the United States, you need a NPDES permit. If you discharge pollutants into a municipal storm sewer system, you may need a permit depending on what you discharge. Please call the Public Works Department at (615) 384-2746 to determine if you need a permit.

Show All Answers

1. What is Storm Water?
2. Why is storm water important?
3. What is an NPDES (National Pollutant discharge Elimination systems) permit?
4. What is a pollutant?
5. Do I need an NPDES permit?
6. Where do I apply for an NPDES permit?
7. What is a Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4)?