The City of Springfield recently implemented new utility billing software, resulting in a new look to your utility bill.
- Enroll now! You can register for your new online bill pay account at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/springfieldtn
- Please note: current account numbers consist of 9 digits (123-1234-12). Your new account number will consist of 11 digits, such as (123-01234-012).
This new online account has exciting new features that will allow you to:
- Make and schedule future payments.
- Make payments for multiple accounts in one transaction.
- Sign up to receive E-Bills.
- Sign up for text or phone notifications for new bill amounts and past due balances.
- Request disconnection of services.
We no longer charge credit card processing fees for online payments; however, we do have a $5,000 maximum amount for payments made via credit card.
Three Ways To Pay
- Online. You will have a QR Code on your perforated portion of your bill. Accessing this QR Code will allow you to go directly to your account online to make payments.
- In-Person. Paying in-person? Bring your bill with you to City Hall for faster service and to ensure your payment is made to the correct account.
- By Phone. Payments can be made by calling our new toll-free number: 833-717-2492.
With the new system we can now notify you of upcoming disconnections by text/phone notifications. We will no longer be utilizing door hangers. We advise each customer to call the City of Springfield at 615-382-2200 and update your contact information. To avoid disconnection of service and possible reconnect fees, please pay your utility bill no later than five days after the due date listed on your bill.
It is also important to note that you will now be able to request disconnection of services via the online portal. These requests will be reviewed within 24-48 business hours.