Services & Programs
The Gorham-MacBane Public Library provides the following services:
- Specific book titles can be acquired through interlibrary loan.
- Twenty-four (24) computers with Internet access available free with photo ID and/or library card, but there are time limits.
- Study rooms are available for reservation. Please contact the library for the more details.
- Faxes may be sent or received by patrons at a charge of $1 per page.
- Copier service is available at a charge of $0.15 per copy or $0.25 per copy for front and back. For 10 or more copies of the same item the charge is $0.10 each. Color copying or printing is available at a charge of $0.25 per copy.
- The library is an approved site for the Tennessee Boating Test. Testing takes place Monday - Friday during regular business hours.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) income tax forms and instructions can be obtained during the months of February, March and April of each year.
The library offers a variety of programs including the following:
- Story Time for Toddlers: Monday at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool Story Time: Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.
- Lego Night: Every 3rd Thursday 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Summer Reading Program: All ages June-July
- Adult Book Club: Last Monday of the month at 1:00 p.m.
- Family Movie Events: Check online calendar on library website (www.gorhamPL.org) or Watch for announcements on Facebook under Gorham MacBane Library.
The library has various outreach programs. Please contact the library staff for information about these programs.
The library has materials for genealogy research. The Robertson County Times and the Springfield Herald are available on microfilm as well as many county records and some church records. Printing from microfilm is available at a charge of $0.25 per page. The Genealogy Computer offers access to search Historic Nashville Newspapers from 1812-1922. Census records and files collected by Jean Durrett are also available.