SPRINGFIELD, Tenn. – All City of Springfield playgrounds have reopened to the public with restrictions in place.
Signage has been installed at each playground to remind citizens to follow CDC guidelines which include social distancing and wearing masks or facial coverings.
“We are pleased to be able to safely reopen the playgrounds,” said Candice Tillman, Public Affairs Coordinator. “We have confidence that our residents will follow the safety guidelines and restrictions related to Covid-19.”
These include playgrounds at Garner Street Park and J. Travis Price Park.
Sports League Changes
- Adult Volleyball practices are underway. Games begin in September.
- Jr. Pro Football is cancelled for the 2020 season following the cancellation of the
- Middle-Tennessee Junior Football League’s (MTJFL) season.
- Youth Soccer is cancelled for the 2020 season given the current restrictions associated with COVID-19.
- Youth Basketball remains a possibility. An update will be provided in early October.