Employment Benefits

Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Springfield! Our employees enjoy making a difference in their community while earning competitive pay and comprehensive benefits.

Holidays


Employees receive 11 paid holidays throughout the year.


Vacation Days


Employees earn between 4 and 12 hours per month of vacation leave depending upon length of service.

Sick Leave


Employees earn 8 hours of sick leave per month.

Health Insurance


The city pays 85% of the premium for single and family coverage, and the employee pays the remaining 15%.

Life Insurance


The city provides $50,000 of term life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance for all employees at no cost, and employees have the option to purchase additional insurance coverage.

Retirement


The city pays 100% of the retirement for employees. The vesting period is 5 years. Retirement benefits are with the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS).


Employee Assistance Program


The city contracts with Magellan Behavioral Health for confidential counseling services for employees, including stress management, substance abuse, marital counseling, grief, depression, etc.

Longevity Pay


Employees receive longevity pay on an annual basis that is scaled for length of service.

Fitness & Health
In addition to our scenic greenway and beautiful parks system, employees are eligible to utilize The Center's fitness and exercise facility as well as the gymnasium or walking track for free! City employees also receive a discount at The Legacy Golf Course.